|Subdivision of DL1372 and DL1373|
"The subdivison of District Lot 1372 and a small part of District Lot 1373 was done by Harry Leroy Jenkins and Mackenzie Urquhart in 1910 and initially the land was offered for sale by the Vancouver Trust Company, of which H. L. Jenkins was the President.
George Ashworth was neither an officer nor a director of the Vancouver Trust Company, however he was involved in promoting these sales.
Within a year or two the land that had not already been sold was acquired by the Savary Island Park Association, often refered to as The Syndicate for which R. S. Sherman was the Chairman and Trustee and Bob Townley was the Secretary-Treasurer.
George Ashworth, who was Bob Townley's brother-in-law, and Harry Keefer were among the committee members of the 'Savary Island Park Association'.
Prior to moving to Savary, Harry Keefer had been partner in a Vancouver real estate business with Bob Townley.
Once on Savary Harry Keefer acted as the resident manager and became the postmaster and for a time a Justice of the Peace. Although 'The Syndicate' only endured for a few years, Harry Keefer continued to personify Savary Island for the following half century."