|Savary Island Facts|
It's a great place. Here are some salient facts:
* It is located 30k northwest of Powell River in Georgia Straight.
* It is 7.5 km long and 0.37 to 1 km wide.
* It comprises 450 hectares (1,100 acres)
* Its elevation profile is saddle-shaped, with the central dunefield the lowest area and higher land rising to the east and west.
* The highest point is approximately 55 meters.
* The island has no natural inland waterbodies or permanent watercourses.
* It has the highest human density of any island in the Georgia Strait.
* It is in the rainshadow of Vancouver Island, so it only get between 950 mm and 1,300 mm of rain or snow annually.
* It is the southern-most island in the Discovery Islands group.
|Categories: places names|