Named for Louis Anderson (1867-1927), a logger, carpenter, and miner born in Malo, Sweden, who moved to Savary in 1899, becoming its third permanent resident.
In 1905 he built the aptly named Anderson house — which, after John Green's cabin, was the second house built on the island.
Louis Anderson and Bill Ashworth standing on Harry Keefer's porch in July 1913
(Source: Magnetic Isle)
|Categories: streets names|