|scratch comma (/)|
|Definition - One of the names of the / symbol.|
1. Use it to represent disjunction (i.e. mutually incompatible alternatives).
You can lease/purchase the automobile right now.
2. Use it instead of the hyphen or the en dash to indicate a strong relationship.
3. Use it to mark line breaks in poetry.
Roses are red / Violets are blue / virgules lean forward / solidos do too
4. Use it to represent either a fraction or division.
5. Use it to represent per or to in measures and ratios.
miles/hour (miles per hour)
price/earnings ratio (price to earnings ratio)