James Mountain Inhofe — Capital-D Denier
(Aka. denialist) A label for those who are skeptical that:
(1) humans are causing climate change (denial-light) or
(2) that global warming is occurring at all (denial-fort). The skeptic's equivalent term is alarmist.
1. Usage: This type of term is a discussion killer that should be avoided unless you actually want to kill the discussion or cause a fight. You should also avoid alarmist.
2. Responding to a March 2010 email from hyper-skeptic Anthony Watts, The Guardian considered ceasing to use the term and substituting the more palatable skeptic. Click here to read Watt's version of the story.
3. Click here to read (Ur-skeptic) Fred Singer's essay "Climate Deniers Are Giving Us Skeptics a Bad Name"